10/23/2012 1 Comment
Primal pumpkin pie
This picture doesn't do this pie justice. It was so good. I couldn't stop eating it.
*Start sugar pie pumpkin before you begin pie*
Ingredients for pie crust
1/2 cup whole golden flax
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup shredded coconut
2-3 tablespoons cubed grass-fed/ raw butter
Instruction for pie crust
* Grind flax
* Grind shredded coconut
* Mix all dry ingredients together
* Add egg and cubed butter
* Butter your pie dish really well
* Press pie crust into pan
Ingredients for pumpkin pie
1 sugar pie pumpkin
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 heaping tbs pumpkin pie spice
1 tbs arrowroot
1 tea salt
2 tea vanilla
1 cup cream cheese or coconut milk
Instructions for pumpkin pie
* Cut sugar pumpkin in half, scoop out seeds and roast cut side down at 375 for 30-60 mins. Its done when you can easily put a fork in it and it feels soft. Remove from the oven and let cool while you prepare the rest.
* Scoop out pumpkin and combine all wet ingredients, use a blender so its a bit frothy
* Combine dry ingredients
* Combine the wet and dry ingredients
* Bake in the oven at 350 for 40- 6o mins. The edges should be firm and the center a little wiggly.
I served it with some homemade raw and coconut milk ice cream.
10/11/2012 0 Comments
Cream cheese flax pancakes
This recipe is an adaptation of a few different recipes.
Its great for when you are craving something grain like.
1/2 cup whole flax seed (i like the golden)
1/8 tsp baking powder (optional it makes it thicker)
4oz cream cheese (make your own)
Maple syrup or honey
Blackberries (or other fruit in season)
* Grind flax seed- i use a coffee grinder
* Crack the eggs into a bowl with the cream cheese and vanilla blend them together- i use my immersion blender
* Add the baking powder to the flax
* Mix flax with the liquid mixture
* Warm a pan over medium heat with some butter or coconut oil
* cook till light brown brown on both sides
* Top with warmed berries, butter and maple syrup or honey
9/5/2012 0 Comments
Milking Buffalo. She is such a good girl. She gives really sweet, high butterfat milk. MMmmm it is so good.
Happiness can be found, even in the darkness of times, if one remembers to turn on the light. - Albus Dumbledore
All Chinese Medicine Chinese Medicine Cleaning Farm Food Healing Home Homestead Nourishing Traditions Organic Organization Primal Simple Living