This picture doesn't do this pie justice. It was so good. I couldn't stop eating it.
*Start sugar pie pumpkin before you begin pie*
Ingredients for pie crust
1/2 cup whole golden flax
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup shredded coconut
2-3 tablespoons cubed grass-fed/ raw butter
Instruction for pie crust
* Grind flax
* Grind shredded coconut
* Mix all dry ingredients together
* Add egg and cubed butter
* Butter your pie dish really well
* Press pie crust into pan
Ingredients for pumpkin pie
1 sugar pie pumpkin
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 heaping tbs pumpkin pie spice
1 tbs arrowroot
1 tea salt
2 tea vanilla
1 cup cream cheese or coconut milk
Instructions for pumpkin pie
* Cut sugar pumpkin in half, scoop out seeds and roast cut side down at 375 for 30-60 mins. Its done when you can easily put a fork in it and it feels soft. Remove from the oven and let cool while you prepare the rest.
* Scoop out pumpkin and combine all wet ingredients, use a blender so its a bit frothy
* Combine dry ingredients
* Combine the wet and dry ingredients
* Bake in the oven at 350 for 40- 6o mins. The edges should be firm and the center a little wiggly.
I served it with some homemade raw and coconut milk ice cream.
This recipe is an adaptation of a few different recipes.
Its great for when you are craving something grain like.
1/2 cup whole flax seed (i like the golden)
1/8 tsp baking powder (optional it makes it thicker)
4oz cream cheese (make your own)
Maple syrup or honey
Blackberries (or other fruit in season)
* Grind flax seed- i use a coffee grinder
* Crack the eggs into a bowl with the cream cheese and vanilla blend them together- i use my immersion blender
* Add the baking powder to the flax
* Mix flax with the liquid mixture
* Warm a pan over medium heat with some butter or coconut oil
* cook till light brown brown on both sides
* Top with warmed berries, butter and maple syrup or honey
Happiness can be found, even in the darkness of times, if one remembers to turn on the light. - Albus Dumbledore