This picture doesn't do this pie justice. It was so good. I couldn't stop eating it.
*Start sugar pie pumpkin before you begin pie*
Ingredients for pie crust
1/2 cup whole golden flax
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup shredded coconut
2-3 tablespoons cubed grass-fed/ raw butter
Instruction for pie crust
* Grind flax
* Grind shredded coconut
* Mix all dry ingredients together
* Add egg and cubed butter
* Butter your pie dish really well
* Press pie crust into pan
Ingredients for pumpkin pie
1 sugar pie pumpkin
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 heaping tbs pumpkin pie spice
1 tbs arrowroot
1 tea salt
2 tea vanilla
1 cup cream cheese or coconut milk
Instructions for pumpkin pie
* Cut sugar pumpkin in half, scoop out seeds and roast cut side down at 375 for 30-60 mins. Its done when you can easily put a fork in it and it feels soft. Remove from the oven and let cool while you prepare the rest.
* Scoop out pumpkin and combine all wet ingredients, use a blender so its a bit frothy
* Combine dry ingredients
* Combine the wet and dry ingredients
* Bake in the oven at 350 for 40- 6o mins. The edges should be firm and the center a little wiggly.
I served it with some homemade raw and coconut milk ice cream.
A little view of the farm.
I have always dreamed of two things. To be a healer and to be a farmer. Never did I realize the interconnectedness of the two until i began my journey. This blog will chronicle my adventures in resurrecting ancient and forgotten arts.
May we all find beauty in the simple things in life.
Happiness can be found, even in the darkness of times, if one remembers to turn on the light. - Albus Dumbledore