A really easy late summer/fall meal. A blend of bitter greens balanced by the sweetness of the sweet potato. Its hard to make eggs look good on camera but trust me it is a really good fall meal.
* Sweet potato (the ones that are orange inside)
* Winter or spring lettuce mix (the ones that are more bitter.) You could even use some of the wild greens that are more bitter, like dandelion if its in season.
* Squash, zucchini or any other veggies that are in season
* Sour cream- make it yourself or if I don't have some on hand I like Wallaby sour cream
* Butter- if you cant make it yourself a good brand is Kerry gold
* A few eggs, I usually do 2 or 3 for myself but my husband does 4 or 5
* Poke a few holes and throw your sweet potato into the oven at 350-375, for (depending on the size) about an hour
* Cook your bacon and save the grease either in a jar or another pan, this is what we will fry our eggs in
* Throw your chopped up veggies into the pan you cooked your bacon in, there should still be some oil left in the pan, you can add some coconut oil if you need to. Cook until done ( i like mine a little brown and crispy)
* When the sweet potato is done, throw your eggs to fry in the pan with the bacon grease.
* While the eggs is cooking dress your sweet potato. Butter, sour cream, veggies, bacon, and on top the salad greens.
* Take the egg and put it on top of the sweet potato and greens. It will wilt the greens and take out some of the bitterness.
Happiness can be found, even in the darkness of times, if one remembers to turn on the light. - Albus Dumbledore